Audio Sample!

Taken from the forward, here’s an audio sample excerpt from the the Brilliance Audio version of Waiter Rant: Thanks for the Tip – Confessions of a Cynical Waiter! No, that’s not my voice! My thanks to Dan John Miller for his skillful narration.

Just something to whet the appetite! You can purchase the audiobook by going here. Good old fashoned books can be pre-ordered in the US here and in the UK here.

34 thoughts on “Audio Sample!”

1. kelcut says:

I’m first??? NO WAY!

Just wanted to let you know that I was reading my Reader’s Digest last night and what did I come across? An excerpt from your book!! I was so excited for you!

2. brian says:

dude waiter you’re blowing up!!

3. Delilah says:

Love it! And think Dan John Miller will do an excellent job narrating… Now to sit back and wait for the book… and put the audio on hold at the library.

4. Eddie says:

Hey, is there anyway to get a copy of your book to sweden? I would love to read it!

5. Sapph says:

11 days, 22 hours, 55 minutes and 32 seconds until Amazon drops my copy in the mail to me – they better be on-time!!!!

I’ve already promised to loan my copy to two of our regular servers at our local haunts – I’m thinking I’ll just order each of them a copy and leave it with the tip. They’re worth it, and I know the book will be too!

6. dimmy says:

hmmm… audiobook or hardcover? tough choice.

7. nunya says:

Hmmmm. Do you have a book signing tour lined up yet? That’s how I’ll decide which version to buy for my kid who just started waiting tables. I dunno where the kid inherited the diplomacy gene, but it wasn’t me. God bless you Waiter. :)

8. Whimsy& says:

I’m unbelievably excited for this book. I don’t work as waitress or anything, but I am a cashier in a video and grocery store, and can totally understand so many of your rants. It’s the entire service industry baby. Congrats on everything and good luck as well! Sell it all!

9. T says:

The soothing female voice at the beginning was just golden.

“…complete with tales of customer stupidity, arrogant misbehavior and unseen bits of human grace transpiring in the most unlikely places…”

Well, the last part made up for it.

Anywho. Waiter, you’re a tease.

10. CJ says:

THIS IS AWESOME! I cant wait to get this. its gonna be awesome!

11. Becky says:

Damn you! I just discovered this website. It’s 2AM and I’m only in December of 2005. No choice but to buy the book but really… it’s 2AM.

12. Mel says:

=_= I see what you did there, giving us just enough of a foretaste to drive us completely mad before the book is out.

I’m so excited! Ah, such an unfortunate place for the audio clip to end!

::shakes fist at the heavens::

Curses, Waiter, how you taunt me!

13. servlet says:

Pre-ordered. You are quite the seducer, aren’t you?

14. NotAFoody says:

I’m going to pick up a copy the day this comes out. It would be a nice way for me to spend my lunch break :)

15. donttipthewaiter says:

Waiter, I’ve been away from your site for a while, and now that I’ve had a chance to come back & catch up, I must say: I am really impressed. Seriously.

I’ve always enjoyed reading you, and remember when I first put together my site and you offered a link and a bit of promotion. Now that you are moving — rapidly — in the direction of your dreams, I am elated. You deserve everything good that comes your way.

Nice job!

– Dennis

16. mattmollysdad says:

Books r real. Audio tapes suck.

17. pilotgirl210 says:

Whooooooooohooooooo, Waiter. I ordered your book for less than 40 cents. That must be a record of some sort, one would think. Had an Amazon gift certificate and with shipping, my total tab was 39 cents, if memory serves me. Hope we’ll meet one day so that you can sign it. Will order more later as Christmas gifts.

18. bigTrue says:

It’s nice to see somebody I care about getting the marketing money so many books that I wasn’t interested in have gotten before.

You got a publisher who knows that it needs to spend money to make a book go gold (without the push of, say, Oprah) and they’re choosing to spend it on you. Not saying you’re not a good writer, but good writers are a dime a dozen (as seen in how many books come out daily) and only a handful are pushed at like this one.

Enjoy your hurrah, Waiter. If only the rest of us stonecrawlers could get the same treatment.

19. mykl says:

lame, waiter. you have Canadian fans to tell where to buy the book too! although i ordered mine days ago. but still! 😛

20. B-Girl says:

Ordered my copy of the book months ago. It will arrive while I am away on vacation. Will give me something to be happy to be home about.

21. loxycoon says:

Hey Waiter – can you use your influence with the publisher to have Amazon offer your book in Kindle format? Living in NYC has required me to cut down on my book collection, and I’d love to be able to download it… (Amazon should really offer it in mp3 CD format, too!). At any rate, best of luck, I hope this book brings you much success!

22. sam says:

Just checked Amazon’s website, and there are a bunch of reviews out for your book already! Sounds exciting!

23. Waiter says:

I think the book will be offered on Kindle.

24. sam says:

It looks like it’s going to be out on hardcover, in addition to Kindle:

average is a 4.5 star- looks promising!

25. Bob Dobbs says:

Good reviews, audio version, Kindle, good advance sales — looks like you’re on the fast track, Waiter. When somebody bids for the TV/movie rights, get the money up front!

Congratulations, once again, on everything.

26. Stoic says:

Reading WRTWS (Waiter Rant the Web Site) made me a better customer. I am soooooo looking forward to this book. Good luck with everything.

Hey, do you think you’ll make it on Letterman?

27. poons says:

As the tip-off for the *other place* can I ask a free signed copy of the book? I’ll pay the shipping.

28. Pookha says:

Oh, Waiter! How delicious! Amazon is shipping mine: I can hardly wait!

29. Patrick O says:

Got a pre-release version from Finished the book yesterday. Will be writing a review tonight or tomorrow.

Brilliant stuff. I’m going to push the book to everyone I know. Really great insights. Really great writing. Very fun. Total bestseller material. Giving it 5 stars.

30. Joe C says:

Wow. This makes it real. For those of us servers who are “waiting” for our careers to take flight, you are doing it. You’re an inspiration and a talent. Mazel tov!

31. Dan says:

(Here’s something in the (London) Times about waiters who write:

32. Steph says:

I love the narrator’s voice. It’s almost exactly how I picture your voice.

33. riceczeks says:

There’s a great excerpt from your book in this month’s Reader’s Digest!

34. carol says:

of course we realize you meant to type ‘foreword’ instead of forward … :)